Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Met's American Woman Gala Lures the Glitterati Out En Masse

The Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute benefit was all about stateside roots this year, celebrating as it did the opening of American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity. Proceedings inside had a turn-of-the-century feel, with wicker chairs at the dinner tables and a hot-air balloon inspired by one from the 1893 Chicago World's Fair looming over the Great Hall.



Click here to see the rest of the report.



So let's see what the dearies wore: 

Oprah Winfrey with Oscar De La renta and the designer's dress. I liked alot the whole thing but I don't like the fact that her chest looks sooo huge.  
Oh Anna Wintour in a great Chanel Haute Couture white dress and Bee SHaffer in a Balenciage one. I like Anna's outfit but I don't like the jacket. And Bee is brunette. she should not wear this dress, she looks darker. 
Rodart Sisters and Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte. I don't like Dunst's shoes and whole outfit. She is not a bride ma'me!
They only thing I like on her is her ferragamo clutch. I don't like the dress neither her hairstyle. 
Riley Kough from the Thakoon for Gap dress to the Jimmy Choo shoes.
Francisco Costa with Zoe Saldana, in Calvin Klein Collection, and Diane Kruger, in Calvin Klein Collection with Fred Leighton jewels.  I love Diane Kruger's dress. Simple and quite flattering for her body. 
Marchesa's Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman, in their own designs, with Eva Longoria Parker, in Marchesa with Harry Winston jewels.  I like the grecian dress of Keren Craig. 
Nicole Richie absolutely rocked in this Marc Jacobs dress. 
Brooke Shiels with Michael Kors. Just amazing. I would like her hair more wavy. 
Rachel Bilson in Louis Vuitton. Just amazing! 
When I was watching Pucci's latest collection I said : This blue dress is amazing and goes well with red carpet. AND HERE IT IS! I love love love love this dress!
Sasha Pivovarova, Sean Lennon, and Kemp Muhl, all in Marni.  I don't like Sasha's socks and Kemp's whole outfit. 
I don't like this Wang dress. 
Breathtaking!
I have the same pattern in a shorter edtition, so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. 
Demi just got that Lanvin with that Casadei shoes and I absolutely hate the clutch.
I like Jessica in this Ralph Lauren dress. 
Anne Hathaway is just awful!
I love this louis vuitton. 
She is very beautiful and thin here. 
Well if she likes it, what can I say?
Chanel Haute Couture. I love it. 
Marion Cotillard can't stop expressing me with her stylistic choices. This is Dior is really nice. 
Stella McCartney, in her own design; Liv Tyler, in Stella McCartney, Fred Leighton jewels, and Roger Vivier shoes; and Kate Hudson, in Stella McCartney, Casadei shoes, and Fred Leighton jewels. (LOVE THEM ) 
I hate that!
Tom Ford is great!
Not that great.
The dress is hmhmhm but the shoes are EW!
Hate the leggings, love the Gucci. 
Greek Tina Fey is great. 
She is dressed AWESOME!
Not impressed. 
My favourite model, she is from head to toe Marc Jacobs and is very beautiful.
Too posh for Jennifer. 
It's chanel, I cannot like it. 
Naomi Watss is great!
AWESOME in DOlce Gabbana.
Coco Rocha knows how to dress. 
Serena Van Der Watsen in Marchesa flattering her great body figure. 
Remind me Snowhite.
 
I don't like it at all!!! Kristen we prefer you in pucci. 
Ambrosio in this Versace is great!
I don't think it is something too special. 
Too Lolitalish. 
Jessica you rocked it!
LAdy Gaga kicked asses in this Armani!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...